Bottom of the breadNuke-the-Zuke Quick Bread was sent to Zorra for the 2009 bread roundup she is kindly hosting on her beautiful blog.
Ingredients (for 6 servings): 250 g white whole wheat flour (I used Trader Joe's) 100 g fresh goat cheese (from Trader Joe's again), crumbled 125 g plain yogurt (I used sheep milk yogurt from the farmers market but regular yogurt would be fine) 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 200 g zucchini, unpeeled, washed, sliced and steamed for 4 minutes in the microwave 2.5 tsp aluminum-free baking powder 60 g milk (I used almond milk but regular milk would be just fine) 7 g piment d'Espelette (or paprika) pinch of salt Method:
- Turn on the oven (350F/180C)
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and piment d'Espelette (or paprika)
- In a smaller bowl, thoroughly mix (with a fork) goat cheese, yogurt, eggs, olive oil and milk
- Spray a bread pan with oil
- Place a handful of zucchini slices in a row on the bottom of the pan (in case you decide to serve the bread upside down)
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture into the bowl containing the dry ingredients
- Mix gently until incorporated
- Add the zucchini
- Pour the batter into the bread pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a tester or cake knife comes out clean
- Serve hot, warm or cold. Enjoy!